LAYCCA students can earn up to six college credits, for free, through our Dual Enrollment programs with the University of the District of Columbia Community College. Class topics include: Humanities, English Composition, College Algebra, and many other subjects.
College Pathway students graduate from the Career Academy after successfully:
- completing six college credits
- completing the Microsoft Office Specialist certifications
- obtaining a score of 6 on the TABE Reading and Math exams.
In addition to supporting Dual Enrollment, the College and Career Access Department at LAYCCA helps students take the next step in their own educational and career pathway by:
- Holding professional development workshops for students
- Providing help with college classes
- Providing advice and help with applying to college and paying for it
- Taking college tours
- Providing career advice and help with job applications