Our IT Certification program prepares students for a career as a Computer Technician repairing personal computers and also serves as a strong foundation to provide you with the core technical ability required to build a sustainable career in IT.
Our students can attain computer certifications, related technologies including IC3, Microsoft Office Associate, CompTIA (A+, Network +, Security+), Microsoft (MTA), etc.
The Information Technology (IT) program begins with the IC3 GS5 (Internet and computing Core Certification). IC3 certification includes three separate exams that can all be taken at a Certiport Authorized Testing Center. To learn more about the IC3 program, click here.
GS5 objective domains
- Computer Hardware
- Peripherals and Troubleshooting
- Computer Software (Windows, Macintosh OS, Linux, Ubuntu)
- Using an Operating System.
- Microsoft Office 2016 and 2019 Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Publisher
- Communication Networks and the Internet
- Electronic Communication and Collaboration
- Using the Internet and the World Wide Web
- The Impact of Computing and the Internet on Society
LAYC Career Academy offers up-to-date learning materials for students preparing to take the IC3 GS5 exam. Our instructor-led classes are designed to ensure the highest pass rates. With our help, the students can be prepared for the certification exam as well as the workplace.
The students have the opportunity to be able to move through this program by traditional classes or their own pace.
After earning the IC3 Certification, students in the IT pathway continue in the program by earning the CompTIA A+ Technician credential. The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) covering the following new content:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
To learn more about the A+ Certification program, click here.
Microsoft Office Training
Our courses for Microsoft Office 2013 – 2016 – 2019 are designed to the needs of beginners, advanced users and upgraders. The course content is highly interactive and uses realistic simulations of the Office applications. Courses can be delivered through our online Learning Cloud service or traditional classes).
Microsoft Office is a requirement to enter the Medical Assistant Pathway and College Pathway.
To learn more about the MOS Certifications, click here.
Our IT Students in the News
Microsoft Office Specialist Impact
Why are Microsoft Office Specialist certifications so valuable for students, teachers, and in our community? Watch this video to find out.