Our IT Certification program prepares students for a career as a Computer Technician repairing personal computers and also serves as a strong foundation to provide you with the core technical ability required to build a sustainable career in IT.
Our students can attain computer certifications, related technologies including IC3, Microsoft Office Associate, CompTIA (A+, Network +, Security+), Microsoft (MTA), etc.
The Information Technology (IT) program begins with the IC3GS6 (Internet and computing Core Certification). IC3 certification includes three separate exams that can all be taken at a Certiport Authorized Testing Center. To learn more about the IC3 program, click here.
IC3GS6 Digital Literacy Master Certification
- Level 1 measures knowledge of fundamental concepts and essential components.
- Level 2 requires a working knowledge of each of the seven skill groups.
- Level 3 validates an advanced understanding of digital literacy and indicates that the candidate has the technical foundation needed to advance successfully along their educational and employment paths and support the development of more specialized technological skills.
GS6 Objective Exam Domains
- Technology Basics
- Digital Citizenship
- Information Management
- Content Creation
- Safety and Security
LAYC Career Academy offers up-to-date learning materials for students preparing to take the IC3 GS6 exam. Our instructor-led classes are designed to ensure the highest pass rates. With our help, the students can be prepared for the certification exam as well as the workplace.
The students have the opportunity to be able to move through this program by traditional classes or their own pace.
After earning the IC3GS6 Digital Literacy Master Certification, students in the IT pathway continue in the program by earning the CompTIA A+ Technician credential. The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: the NEW EXAM CODES 220-1101 & 220-1102 that covering the following new content:
- Increased reliance on SaaS applications for remote work
- More on troubleshooting and how to remotely diagnose and correct common software, hardware, or connectivity problems
- Changing core technologies from cloud virtualization and IoT device security to data management and scripting
- Multiple operating systems now encountered by technicians on a regular basis, including the major systems, their use cases, and how to keep them running properly
- Reflects the changing nature of the job role, where many tasks are sent to specialized providers as certified personnel need to assess whether it’s best to fix something on site, or to save time and money by sending proprietary technologies directly to vendors
To learn more about the A+ Certification program, click here.
Microsoft Office Training
Our courses for Microsoft Office 2016 – Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019 are designed to the needs of beginners, advanced users and upgraders. The course content is highly interactive and uses realistic simulations of the Office applications. Courses can be delivered through our online Learning Cloud service or traditional classes).
Microsoft Office is a requirement to enter the Medical Assistant Pathway and College Pathway.
To learn more about the MOS Certifications, click here.
Our IT Students in the News
Microsoft Office Specialist Impact
Why are Microsoft Office Specialist certifications so valuable for students, teachers, and in our community? Watch this video to find out.
Our IT Staff