As a District of Columbia Public Charter School, all applicants (new and returning students) must provide the following documentation:
- Proof of Age
- Proof of D.C. Residency
- Health Records (vaccinations and TB test)
- Withdrawal or Transfer Form From Previous School (if applicable)
- High school credential (if applying to the Medical Assistant, IT, or College Pathway)
- Submit enrollment documents (see the bottom of this page for details)
Please see below for details on what documents serve as proof of age and residency.
In order to show proof of age, the applicant must provide ONE of the following:
- Birth certificate
- A valid driver’s license showing the student’s name
- A valid government or military issued ID showing the student’s name
- A passport
- A valid INS card showing the student’s name
- A valid work permit
In order to show proof of D.C. Residency…
Provide ONE of the following:
- Pay stub or tax withholding statement within the last 45 days showing the student’s, parent’s or legal guardian’s name
- Official proof of financial assistance (TANF) from the DC government showing the student’s, parent’s or legal guardian’s name
- Supplemental Security Income annual benefits notification issued to the person enrolling the student within the past (12) months and indication his/her current address
Current valid court order indicating that the student is a ward of the District of Columbia
Or Provide TWO of the following:
- DC motor vehicle registration that is unexpired and valid showing the student’s, parent’s or legal guardian’s name
- Lease or rental agreement that is unexpired and valid with paid receipts or cancelled checks for payment of rent showing the student’s, parent’s or legal guardian’s name
- DC driver’s license valid and showing the student’s, parent’s or legal guardian’s name
- DC utility bill (gas, water, or electric) and paid receipts or cancelled checks for payment of rent showing the student’s, parent’s or legal guardian’s name
**Note: Cable, cell or telephone bills are not accepted.
Applicants who complete the enrollment process and are selected to enroll in the school must attend orientation at the beginning of their respective session.
Orientation provides an opportunity for newly enrolled students to:
- Receive their LAYCCA uniform shirts
- Review school policies and expectations
- Pick their classes and receive their schedule
- Sign up for educational online accounts
- Get free school supplies from Community Schools
- Meet the staff
- Ask questions
Every new student must complete an intake interview with one of our Student Support Specialists (S3). This informal interview helps to determine the new student’s needs and the services we can connect them to.
- Prospective students must take reading and math placement tests as part of the enrollment process. If you are returning to LAYCCA, your results must be within the last 3 months prior to the beginning of the session.
- Results on these tests do not determine a person’s admissions eligibility. They only serve as a means to develop a student’s personalized learning plan and class schedule.
- Prospective students will be contacted by the Student Recruitment Specialist following their application to schedule a time to take these tests at the school.
To help your enrollment process go more quickly, you can print and fill out the following forms in advance:
- Release of Information Form
- Open Lunch Permission Form (English and Spanish)
- Media Release Form
- Home Language Survey
- Enrollment Process Explanation (this is a guide, not a form)
- Required Documentation (this is a guide, not a form)